Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Norton

Antivirus needed updating so last night I went through the motion. It informed me that by updating my software I was agreeing to have them automatically charge my card every year from now on. If I did not want that to occur I would have to opt out after the update. They had this subtly included in the litany of info that they toss at the customer, only you would expect some companies to have a little more integrity and try to earn the next round of cash. I cancelled and zapped them this (and like everyone else out there they make contact info the least obtrusive aspect of their websites:)

Dear Sirs,

I am so sick and tired of having every service out there key in on "automatic billing" as a method of profit enhancement. The store that sells me the paper can't reach back into my pocket every day to grab more cash without me handing it to them. Save your "for your convenience" line for whatever idiots you condescend to grub from, I was disgusted by the fact that I have purchased your product and had to negotiate an unnecessary maze to keep you out of my wallet forever. I am more than highly inclined to use another service. A form apology will merely enrage me and have me denouncing you to all I meet. If you are sleazy enough to set this up I have no confidence in you remedying my repulsed state.

Thank you for your time, may I charge you now?

Sincerely,

2 comments:

Adam said...

I'm very happy w/ my free ca anti virus.....f#ck norton!!!!

JB said...

Hey Cooney...
Talk to me about the free Computer Associates anti-virus software. I'll be happy to give you the details.