Monday, November 5, 2007

Birthday Coffee

I have been enjoying tea for quite a while but I still like coffee. I consumed enormous amounts and at some point caffeine was having noticeable effects, hours later, and it is something I consider before purchasing.

On my birthday I stuck my nose into Redding Roasters and they were very friendly. They roast right there and you can get as much information as you need to really pick out a blend to your satisfaction. I chose what turned out to be fantastic beans from Papua New Guinea. With some hot milk (much) and boiling water (I also add a little honey) in the Missoula mug it is delicious. Chocolaty and I believe the milk is the mitigating factor on the caffeine. Does that fat bear hug the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione and leave me with fewer symptoms? I have not looked it up but I'm sure the info is out there.

Very tasty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Matt, I had no idea!

mc said...

Hey J,

When is your birthday? I purchased the java on my bday but that was on 8/29, I'm just finishing the coffee up. Thanks for the Bday wish though. Reading Kurlansky's the "Big Oyster" and I think you would enjoy it with all of the Gotham history!

Very little time to blog this week and not for good reasons, hopefully good luck rears it's fickle head soon. Very soon.