Sunday, August 23, 2009

Canoe Search

I recently took a morning to search for a canoe that I had kept my eye on for some time. The poor little vessel had somehow become lost, and with an American flag standing aboard it had held it's position courageously for three seasons.

What a trooper. I could only view it from the train and I had intended to save it right from the get go, but intentions alone are not sufficient.

Thursday I got on the bicycle and figured a route which would take me along the tracks to a spot from which I could recover the poor girl. When I finally had my chance it was brutally hot and a dripping jungle atmosphere was between me, the lost lake lady and every effort.

It was then that I noticed others had made valiant and doomed efforts before me.









I fear the sky may have gone black just before their end as well...



The journey exceeded mere peril, the damsel has yet to be saved, the Knight is recuperating and the steed may yet not...

Lord help us all...

(I have done nothing with that last photograph whatsoever...I don't know why it appears that way. Not joking.)

Update: That must be my hand. It was so bright and hot out, maybe I was having trouble viewing the shot?

That's what I figure, anyway.

No comments: