Thursday, November 26, 2009

Advice of Council

I spoke recently with someone whose thoughts I deeply respect.

They seemed to think that a recent photo was published errantly and to no good end, regardless of intention.

I have put said photo behind the curtain for the moment.

I thought that it was handsome and suggestive of the best attributes of liberty and good health.

I will take the council under advisement and respond further after more thought.

Thank you Council.

(If you haven't checked this blog recently you couldn't know of what I speak. Which is fine.)

Update:


mallard-fillmore-hate-crime

This Mallard Fillmore cartoon generated protesters and an apology from Newsday. They are calling for the editor's dismissal.

I can't participate in the conglomeration of power which political correctness conveys to liberals and grievance groups of all manner. That power being the power of our previous liberties.

It's absolutely true that I would be safer and better off by anticipating and adjusting for P.C. climate etc. That being said.

The picture stays.

No comments: