Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"...thursday evening sharpeners..."

That's a gentleman with a nice grip on the language, (his slipshod grammar aside.)

His opposition to the inevitable nanny-state is also admirable. When I think of the word "nanny" now I think of the "Republican" Mike Bloomberg. Unfortunately there won't be anyone worth voting for in the near-term, and anyone with talent, brains and sense will be too wise to run.

I'm genuinely surprised by that entire process in the last link. That the law was passed and has been enforced in NYC this soon, with essentially no response from the constituents, perplexes me and reinforces my most cynical observations.

I have not read much Sullivan for a while but I do believe he largely subscribes to the "leave me alone" school of governance.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I was sharp as a tack last Thursday.