Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jawbone

I put this post up previously regarding frustration with the bluetooth device I have been trying to use in the car. I ordered a Jawbone today. I priced around and Apple carries them. So does Bestbuy and the Verizon kiosk in Circuit City.

Not surprisingly Verizon had the worst price and the most clueless employees. They were nice, but when informed that the item was priced a staggering 50 dollars more than anywhere else they asked me if I merited any discounts. "Does your employer get a discount through us? Is your account up for a new contract?"


Um...no...and no. It's rather startling to experience a business that asks if you will sign a contract for hundreds of dollars before they will consider competing in the marketplace at large. Sell your Verizon stock folks; I don't care what it's activity has been. Obviously if you are making a killing you need to decide when to jump but they are fat, ill, staggering and yards from the safety of the herd. They are perfect for revitalization (yeah, right) or demise.

No comments: