Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Broccoli

If I replaced hamburger with broccoli it would disrupt my attempts at both mad cow disease and heart disease.

This is indeed a sobering calculator, even though I made all the data up, and I will redouble my efforts with scrumptious bar burgers of the one-third to one-half pound proportion...though I actually love broccoli tops...(that's an all boinboing search right there;)

Via Dr. Zebra

Mysterious BSE death?

I can't believe it's been ten years since Richard Rhode's book.

I think a copy of Dark Sun I picked up volunteering at the Pequot mentioned not only the Pequot but perhaps his personal bookplate was pasted inside the cover? Could he be from these parts? Or is that the ol' matter turning spongy? (Yes, spongy.)...or not?

Great books, both. His daunting earlier work (long and heavily footnoted, though footnotes I love) I had picked up from Quality PaperBack Books.

I hope Klaus Fuchs burns in a radioactive hell for eternity, the SOB genius. Why wasn't he assassinated?

Screw Commies, Pinkoes (this definition obviously written by one) and their "Liberal" fifth column:

Chat Participant: Did espionage have a significant impact on one side more than the other (KGB/CIA)?

Dr. Harvey Klehr: The KGB had several hundred sources in the U.S. during the 1940s; the CIA never had more than a handful in the Soviet Union.

Screw especially the modern Dems, and if you object to that last phrase you are as stupid as Fuchs thinking that he could persuade the Commies to lighten up on the Jews after he would help them (not the Jews, the Communists) prevail. Today's prominent Dems would be ashamed to read up on JFK's attitudes toward global interaction and Communism, and they are the driving force in the West's suicide. Launder your burkas.

I said it.

Yeeess...from heart disease and broccoli to decrying Communist infiltration...perhaps the mad cow is setting in already!

3 comments:

Adam said...

perhaps, but a nice rant nonetheless.

pjceltic said...

"If I replaced hamburger with broccoli it would disrupt my attempts at both mad cow disease and heart disease."

Disrupt your attempts at what - to acquire the maladies, to avoid them - to god knows what?

Just stay clear of the whole kit and caboodle...

mc said...

Sound wisdom...