Friday, December 11, 2009

Sarkozy et France

I once-upon-a-time had a lengthy and enjoyable conversation with a Frenchman who had grown up as an army-brat. (Too many dashes already.)

It was at a bar called the Playwright.

He was surprised to hear that I went out of my way to get a French (D'jeep) lighter each year to light my July 4th fireworks.

I enjoyed explody firework things a whole lot, still do. Just ask Adam.

This French gentleman was a very nice guy. At that time, maybe 15 plus years ago, he had concerns regarding French immigration, but not concern enough, I felt. He seemed to find his egalitarian discomfort weighing more heavily than his own clear sight.

Uneasy with his gut instincts but fairly forthright with his notions.

I wish that I had kept in touch.

Sarkozy has been somewhat outspoken.

I wonder how the banlieues are running under their separate but equal law and no-go police status in areas.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Why now, I've never heard the story of your tete-a-tete (pardon my French, s'il vous plait) with Sarkozy. Very interesting!

mc said...

Hello!

I like Sarkozy. This gentleman of which I speak was not him, I should edit that to clear up the transition. Great conversation with mister not-Sarkozy. Must have been to remember a million years later.

The time-she flies ho ho. (with terrible french accent-pfff)