Thursday, February 4, 2010

Clarence Thomas

"...can only be governed by our consent, as a result of that the government has to be limited so as a result that you have separation of powers and some of the other enumerated powers that prevent the government from becoming our ruler. I don't know if that's happened already but the whole notion is..."

Transcribing is a pain but he refers to how he spends time on the commerce clause and then

"...one of the reasons for that is simply that we have to contain the powers of government if we are to preserve our liberties..."

And this gem "I like reading our constitution, it's really not that long..." in which he mentions his wife.

I like Clarence Thomas.

It is a remarkably consistent theme that those who have been most excoriated in the media, when they get an opportunity, show up as remarkably likable and down to earth.

You can almost calibrate the goodness of a person by assuming an inverse proportion between it and the venom of the press.

Let me state that insinuation plainly: people who pursue journalism tend to be lying arrogant garbage who feel we are all their febrile minded children, and, for them, the truth is an item to be molded for the greatest control of their notion of greater good.

Althouse has a post on the video
from which I transcribed the material above. I am enjoying the video thoroughly and Mrs. Meade's comments are must reading as always, and by that I mean her comments and those in her comments community.

I have listened as Dennis Miller has stated that for governance you want the man of common sense and solid backbone.

Avoiding drama is, to me, the most basic of common sense.

I am looking forward to enjoying the entire video.

No comments: