Thursday, December 13, 2007

Micrometeoroid

tonight is the peak for the meteor shower, the Geminid. It has not been cancelled due to reluctance to cross picket lines, so don't panic. They will be walking next week to assess damage in orbit from micrometeoroids, but I don't believe Geminid is the culprit.

When I was very young myself and a friend searched in the woods for hours to find meteorites that I did not know were the first recorded to strike the U.S. We had only read of an old strike and had rumors upon rumors for encouragement. Those woods are all developed now...wouldn't have known one if I had bonked my beak into it, but they are fond memories.

They are interring a time capsule in honor of the anniversary.

This Advocate article was nice to see so prominently splashed across the front page.

Weston

No comments: