Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bone Conduction

My bluetooth is not all that useful. I can't hear the other individual all that well and they absolutely cannot hear me. With the windows up is slightly better. I have wanted one of these Jawbones for quite a while, it seems they are rolling the notion out to the rest of the hardware, but not fast enough.

This didn't seem to take off
, or am I out of the loop as usual?

Update: My right ear and left ear are definitely sized differently, I notice using earbuds and it can be pesky. This commenter is onto something good with verifying that other earfitings work with the Jawbone. They sell them at some cell phone stores and Radio Shack. I should see if I can stick one on my current lame bluetooth just for some better comfort.

Often Amazon user reviews are helpful in this way. My CCrane FM transmitter is fantastic. I was frustrated with not having an audio in port on the car stereo and thought I might have to do an eighth grade science project to rig one that would broadcast my audio books strongly enough to break through the full radio band in this area. I wanted something powerful enough so that six or eight cars might get stuck listening to dry books on the Mayflower or if they were lucky Carl Hiaasen. But I looked and Crane had a wonderful item and an Amazon user had a quick NOx trick for it. Couldn't be happier with that set up. I can set up an AM radio where it will get a signal and transmit it to an FM radio where I am comfortable or broadcast my Itunes from the computer outside to listen on the pattio.

You can get more powerful transmitters but not so convenient in size and some ask for trouble. I can only assume the user reviews complaining about range have not experienced some of the pathetic Belkin performance.

No comments: