Thursday, April 3, 2008

Christopher Moore

and Monique Motil.

Bless her, I love this too:

Victorian Alligator

alligator head and claws, velvet and brocade.

Well I finished the neat Moore book in which he utilizes the above muse. It was fun, witty and clever and thoughtful, forgivably sloppy (sloppy is not necessarily bad. Notice the banner atop this page,) and I did think of Hiaasen as was mentioned on the back cover.

Comic horror author writes of Death's antics in S.F. -- 'A Dirty Job,' but somebody had to do it
"Christopher Moore is surrounded by Sartorial Creatures, soft sculptures by Monique Motil, that became characters in Moore's book "A Dirty Job." Chronicle photo by Eric Luse"

I will read another. Thank you Cyn, for passing it along. I will make sure it continues along it's path...

As for Monique, well, this blog clearly has an interest...keep scrolling and clicking, I really do need to tidy up...that "Labels for this post" item I ought to employ...

Well, didn't think I would have time to sneak this last post in today but hope to add more of what I find tomorrow...


No comments: