Monday, March 28, 2011

D90 and D7000

So I am going to sell my D5000 and get the newly released D7000.

I have heard all sorts of things along the way and now that the cameras are out there I had thought that the numbers and environment would be fixed and easy to understand if not easy to decide.

The numbers seem to be going all over and in conversation someone who knows much more than I do suggested that the mess in Japan might affect availability and pricing.

I don't know, I do know that I thought the price would be quite a bit less than the numbers I am seeing. I thought that maybe part of that would involve the SMRP vs. the more approachable pricing world as it really tends to be out there...

I have seen numbers ranging from 1100 to 1700, ugh.

The lower end of that would see my camera finding a lovely new home while I pick up the new D7000 with it's far more robust alloy housing finding a fine future with myself. I do need a rugged and dauntless platform for the activities and lifstyle which are simply a matter of course around these parts so to speak.

Do I just ebay and then figure it out? Such different numbers...much more rugged though, saving some money won't help if the housing cracks...what to do-

...what to do...????

No comments: