Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bigfoot

(bumped up top till it's done)

So I was listening to George Noory last night and he mentioned that his friend related a Bigfoot encounter recently and I thought it was rather compelling and may even be quite the trenchant allegory or metaphor.

It seems this gentleman is a duck hunter and was walking along a trail...I don't know where but these Bigfootses things are pretty much all over from the Skunk Ape of the south to anywhere you can think of...so, let's say...Central Park. They definitely have ducks, I've seen them, and these Sasquatch beasts are everywhere, Jay can comment, they certainly must be down there in large numbers also...

So, anyway...

Crap.

Have to get to something, will come back and finish with an update.

Update: As I was saying this individual had been duck hunting and so he had two ducks with him while walking on this trail. I'm not sure what type of ducks, George didn't say. They could have maybe been mallards? I'm pretty sure I've seen them down in Central Park. They definitely were not Baer's Pochards, who aren't doing so well these days, last I heard...

Well, like I said, I really don't know where this fellow was when this occurred, so I suppose I shouldn't entirely rule out even the Laysan teal, though it would have been exceedingly misguided to have been out tramping around Laysan teal hunting, considering their tenuous hold at the moment...

Rats damitall...I'll finish this in another update...

Update: Now...where was I...Oh yes, Laysan teals..Let's just say that whatever ducks the man was bagging...Actually, that's a point also, actually THE point of the story really, that the man had two ducks when he met the Bigfoot. I'm not sure you should exactly say "met" really, but he had two ducks at the time and nothing says he couldn't have bagged two of different species or subspecies, say one a merganser...Those "sweetest..sawbills!" boy can they hold their breath...and the other a long tail, they can dive 200 feet...or a common merganser and a red breasted merganser. On the other hand, they taste fishy, no? I believe that quality is called terrior and the term has moved past wine, I've heard it used for turtles as well...

At any rate this individual had two ducks with him at the time he is walking down this trail when the Bigfoot steps out, right in front of him and they look at one another. I can't even imagine, what can you say? So this sasquatch, I don't know if it was a lady or a male, I'd have to listen again, I think George used the term "he" when relating the anecdote, but from this cooler episode in the link I'd not be surprised based on behavior if it was on the Venus end of the population...or maybe not, the episodes are actually distinctly different and may suggest quite a bit perhaps...or not, again, which is why it may be a good allegory or metaphor but I don't want to stray into anything controversial with today's PC climate as we all know. Hell, that aspect isn't even on the radar for the allegory at all to begin with for that matter...

Crap...I will have to finish this in an update...Maybe I should bump it to the top of the page for now...

No comments: