Saturday, February 7, 2009

In the DVD

A.C. passed along a USB keyfob with a Cheers episode. I am stunned at how easily it works in the new DVD player and will comment as I watch.

Update: I believe this is called liveblogging but this would be slightly different as the content is (ouch) a couple of decades old and I can pause it to add inane and worthless verbiage.

Let's begin.

It starts with a platitude invoking P.O.S politician. Perfect episode for our times.

Update: OUCH! This is painful and funny...and painful again!

Update: Kevin Fogerty should be flayed but only after the tarring and feathering and he should be raped by those who will not unclench their fist for Obama's generous Coombaya (sp?) foreign policy, doncha think?

Woody is making the ballot! I believe in Democracy and this next update will take longer as I feel a need to "rewind" and transcribe!

Update: This is highly pertinent, a true timeless mirror, I will look for the script to link.

Update: This episode seems to ring a bell, seeing it now. It was on the tail end of the brand's longevity if I recall. If I remember correctly at the time it struck the viewer as a bad episode that did not rise to the level of the peak of the series, writing wise. Right now however it is clearly a timeless work on the idiocy of the general populace and the genius...well...I will update shortly.

Update: Sidetracked. Will re-engage.

Thank you A.C.

4 comments:

afarplace said...

Keyfob. Lol,

mc said...

Yes, Key fob! Get with the times, Yo.

Do you notice the fun Victorian people depicted in the Cheers title?

You young whippersnappers think you alone are the bee's knees.

Us old fogey's know some tech and can lay down the lingo yo.

alfred said...

Keyfob? sounds like some sort of "marital aid".
Do lesbians still call those toys marital aids? I mean outside of Massachusetts and a few other ultra-lib states where people marry farm animals, and such.
Hmmm, Cheers is set in Mass., and Woody's a farmboy.

ANYWAY,The episode was entertaining, even if it was a ripoff of Kosinsky's "Being There".

BTW, I didn't realize that you knew A.C..

mc said...

Alfred your mind is just in the gutter, I don't know what to say.

Rocksy or Shivers is offended.