Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jimmy

has a wonderful Superbowl beer review up, Peace Be Upon Him!

I would cheat and paste his exquisite photos up here in this post but you would be far better rewarded trekking on over.

Nice shots Jim. I believe they capture several spirits. An American pigskin verisimilitude, inspiring and difficult to quantify. The man is an artist.

My Superbowl plans have been disrupted beyond any recognition. I will fulfill some nice chores and maybe do my taxes.

Adam called and has been in Saratoga Springs proper. I hope he said hello to Mendocino Danny. That was a timeless classic of a trip. He said he had a nice time in the bar involving the superstar jockey anecdote. I won't convey the whole yarn but let's just say that sometimes you can sense people nearby, even before your eyes have adjusted so you may as well be in total darkness. Sometimes you turn your head and it is a moment before you realize that you need to look down, way down, to see the individual in question. The six foot blonde statue whom it appears from a distance that you are appraising ala chattel on an antebellum New Orleans dock would be his girl behind him. Rascally little fellers, those jockeys, often with thick accents.

It's beautiful up there, I hope he notices the Jimmy post pronto. Or I hope he notices the post Post Haste...

No comments: