Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tea Party

I should have some very nice video of individuals at the Hartford Tea Party poignantly conveying their reasons for making their efforts to attend up on this site soon.

The very nice gentleman who documented them showed me one while I was there and they are well worth everyone's time and consideration.

They are professionally rendered, not like my Sony video and I am grateful for the access and skill he has offered and shared.

The individual who did such a fine job is neutral and respectably oriented to recording the event without becoming a part of the event. Which ought to be the primary drive and guiding influence of a documentarian, reporter or historian. Somehow this honorable approach strikes me as unfortunately novel and I feel it may explain much regarding, well, a lot of frustration in these "interesting times".

First I take a moment to say "THANK YOU SIR!"

I always give attribution and always ask permission and I know that he has several items to work on but has been very courteous and sent a file over already. The delay is now on my end. A busier week this week.

As an unrelated note I must say Congratulations Gerry!!!

He just returned from Africa and has been involved in a find in the natural sciences which had him at the NPR studios doing an interview yesterday.

I will leave it that vague as I again would not feel comfortable being more specific without his express permission, which I nearly take for granted, but won't.

Last but not least, Congratulations other person involved in discovery or progress in the sciences this year!! You know who you are! Very happy news!

2 comments:

Adam said...

I trust that any images of myself have been removed.

mc said...

Crowds are public domain.

Wait, public is public domain.

Screw permission.

To heck with attribution.

Who has any right to copyright life?

Society is such a drag, man...