Sunday, December 5, 2010

Old Scrap

Just this evening I found a scrap of paper with the title and author of a book I wanted to read very badly about ten or more years ago.

I went everywhere and could not buy or borrow the item. Yale, several points in NYC and points outside and in between.

Now we have this internet thingy, so, while I don't have various astute individuals(clerks)looking at me like I had invented a title, I still am having trouble with procuring the text--er, update: just found it:

The title of the item speaks, The Death of Humane Medicine and the Rise of Coercive Healthism:

http://bradtaylor.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/death-of-humane-medicine.pdf


A scrap of paper and a thought from ten years ago, and yet it proves to some degree that those fearing the pernicious creep of societies judgement and the governments vile coercion were not fools. They were correct, and too meek to thwart, which is in itself a disgrace.

That having been said without reading the book, but having read quite a bit on the matter of public health policy particularly in light of the tobacco fiasco.

Would still like to read that book...

No comments: