Sunday, October 21, 2007

AbuKhalil

Hmmm...Will post more as I learn more. Someone came through this site from that site, perhaps from far away. He recently quoted from an interview he gave and dress was mentioned (this guy seems like a kook.) I absolutely know that the licentiousness of western culture is part of the alienation of the young muslim culture. I will look for links but the cultural dissonance seems glaring and obvious. I can add my own anecdotes if I can't keep this somewhat more distant, vague and anonymous with other links. Dinesh D'Souza was wrongly marginalized (mocked? He had a tough time stating the obvious given to him by people who should not have been zombie walking through the p.c. haze. "D’Souza is undoubtedly correct to finger the global spread of our “liberated” post-Sixties culture as a factor in the terror war. But the only factor?"---from the review. Somehow I doubt he suggested it was "the only factor." I may be wrong but it very much looks like this is a case of prude-phobia. They are afraid if they don't deny the obvious they will be painted with the old conservatives are prudes lie.) for suggesting something along those lines.

[Update---On second look Kurtz undermines his own statement immediately. Sloppy writing is common, I participate in that, but his next sentence is 'Is the cultural left really “the primary reason” for Islamic anti-Americanism, without which “9/11 would not have happened”?'

"Primary" in the sentence after invoking and deriding-again, mocking- the term "Only?" That's sloppy and it's an effort to distance himself, not from the argument of degree, but from the connection between culture and blowback itself.]

I did not read his book but anyone would be an ass to not realize that MTV and Hollywood are beacons, powerful beacons. (Could they be beneficial in corrupting the Iranian youth? Probably with the glamour factor but when they task anything on a serious level they will lionize the dictators and lambaste the West, as we all know.) As I said I will look for pertinent links to something which ought to be obvious. And I will look more at this "gentleman's" blog. It does not look good. Aren't we wonderful for having him teach our future populace?

Update:

No comments: