Saturday, October 6, 2007

Verizon management is awful

I don't know that I have headed that precisely well, but the notion is clear and truthful. I have photos on my Verizon phone and I stopped by a Verizon outlet to ask why I can't have them on my computer. They said that I should have a great time transferring them to a Verizon account---one by one!!!---and then they couldn't tell me how to get them on my computer!! I have seen the Verizon "Pix" of my photos, I have indeed broken down and let them charge me to try and access my photos. They are resistant to manipulation, meaning I can't see them full size and print them. But they do take forever to upload through the cell system ONE BY ONE!!!!! ON VERIZON MINUTE CHARGING TIME!!!

I also know that the hardware manufacturers do not want this to be the case. In fact they make devices much like the old electronic devices---that would do what you wanted---example:

Imagine that you purchased a VCR (remember those?) in 1990. Now imagine that Sears told you---AFTER YOU PURCHASED IT (and you can eat fece on the "should have read the contract" argument...while correct you still need to be harmed and bleeding if you abide or invoke that notion because in this instance you would be vamping for the most filthy and incompetent) you need to pay fees to use the RECORD button. And that, while GE manufactured a sweet high quality VCR, after you paid the fees the fidelity would take a substantial hit because of the methods involved in raping you, the very methods that enabled the extortion. Imagine that the Verizon-like management had demanded that, while GE offered an astounding product, the lazy, competition-fearing, VERIZON-LIKE CRAP FOR SOUL FEATHER BEGGING DOUCHES, wanted to Capone continuous cash out of the purchasers, forever. I shouldn't even use the term "customers" because it lends a less than criminal aura to the arrangement.

Anyhow, it is clear that the cell manufacturers such as Nokia, Motorola, and mine, Casio, dream up and manufacture phones that can video and photograph and transfer by bluetooth and be fun and useful.

And the service providers hamper and grub disgustingly, nay, extort like moronic street gangs for our cash. If you ever run into someone in a higher position in a cell provider echelon, please let me know!! I would love to chat!!

Now for my two questions:

1.) Does anyone know how to unlock a Casio G'zone Type-S so I can get the photos?

2.) Why on Earth doesn't someone see the opportunity in service and just offer the product and functions we all know we all want? It took years, to the shame of the cell industry, to offer phones that could take rain or work after falling in the sink. They, the cell phone and specifically Verizon upper management punk thief castrati, may be comfy and have a couple of dollars, but they are weak and ripe for competition. Capitalism, I call on you! Kill, Kill, Kill!!!!!

6 comments:

JB said...

I send my verizon cellphone pix to my email as picture messages. However, you still have to do this with EACH INDIVIDUAL PICTURE!!! Verizon drives me crazy with this, too.

pjceltic said...

or can 't yo just copy and paste from the web verizon web site?

Have you checked AT&T? I know they do not charge for blue tooth - which you said verizon did...

JB said...

to the best of my knowledge, verizon doesn't charge for bluetooth. in order to copy/paste from the veizon website, you would still have to upload each individual picture to the verizon website... a very tedious process.

mc said...

Hey Jule, thank you for posting. The phone companies manufacture the phones with the ability to blue tooth the photos directly into your hard drive if your 'puter supports blue tooth. You just put the phone next to the computer and no wires are even needed. The phone companies contract the manufacturers to disable this and other functions. Some people can "unlock" the handicap and utilize the original functionality. I read an add from a guy in New Haven on Craigslist and I think I will give it a try. I was more ambitious with my last phone and searched the net for a "hack" on the old moto 710, but it was arduous. I stopped at verizon and was hoping I could pay them to transfer the photos but , as you said, they want the tedious process no matter what. I would like to swap photos with you, have you been shooting much? We should all get together soon!!

Adam said...

I went with cingular(att)they promise "more bars in more places",and I love to drink!

Jeff said...

i just use a microsd card that plugs into my phone and have the phone save the pictures/video to the card

i got a small usb pluggable reader that fits my card, and i just plug it into a computer when i want to pull the files off..
__________________
i got bluetooth working after going through a ridiculous process in tricking the pairing of the phone to my computer since normally this is hampered by verizon.. but that is only to get it to work with BitPim.. so the previous card/usb example is still simpler for me
__________________
my main beef is when someone sends me a pix message i have to ask the phone to grab it like 50 times before it actually downloads.. this doesnt really make sense for a 30kb phone picture (this is also while i have plenty of bars EV-DO and otherwise)